Monday, October 29, 2012

Patriots Pen



Patriots Pen

                If I could talk to our country’s founding fathers, what would I say? I’d say thank you. Thank you for building the foundation for the greatest country in the world. A place for fresh starts and a place where you can raise a family with the confidence that your children will get a fine education and have enough food to eat. A place where people have equal rights, no matter the color of their skin or their gender. A place where a child, who started life in poverty, could grow up to be extremely successful and wealthy. A place where its military will defend our county’s people and their rights until their dying breaths.
            This country could not be what it is today if it weren’t for the sacrifices made by the founding fathers. Sailing on a long ship ride to America only with the change in their pockets, they carried solely the hope of having a better life. Telling the strongest country in the world at the time that they had a voice and they were going to use it, they fought so they could have freedoms that they could only dream of elsewhere. They fought to have a government where the people had a say in what happened to them and their country, but most of all they fought for the chance of a better future for their children and grandchildren.
            Our country isn’t perfect; no country is. But our country strives to be the best in every way possible. The rights we have here in America are rights I take for granted every day. I take for granted the right to speak freely, to practice whatever religion I please and I especially I have take for granted how blessed I truly am to live in the U.S.A!
            So Thank you Fathers for founding the country I love.              

3 comments:

  1. Very cheesy. I like the idea but it could use better word choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for those kind words Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOOOOO CEEEEEEESY, I can taste it. But that's how they win em'. Haha don't worry, you wrote it very well in terms of organization. Overall a great piece.

    ReplyDelete