Friday, February 15, 2013

A Night with the Guys


It was a Saturday night and me and the guys were cruising down main street. Listening to music and looking for something, anything fun to do.
“Hey guys?” Johnny shouted threw the blaring music
“Isn’t that that greaser Ponyguy or whatever?”
Sure enough, walking all alone done the street was that Pony kid
“Do you guys have anything going on tonight?” I asked.
“ ’cause I think that boy needs a little hair cut”
Jonny pulled over just ahead of the boy. Jumping out of the car we all surrounded him, you could see the sweat rolling down his forehead as we continuously harassed him “hey greaser this…” and “hey greaser that…” I can’t remember everything exactly, but next thing I know we had him pinned and a knife up against his face and he started freaking out.
“Darry! Soda!” he yelled
I was thinking about why he would be wanting a soda at a time like this, when we heard footsteps storming down the sidewalk.
Yelling for us to get off of him a big group of greasers were sprinting toward us. We didn’t need to be told twice, I scrambled to the car and turned on the ignition
“Get in!” I yelled to the others
Once I knew everyone was inside we tor off down the street

4 comments:

  1. I like how it starts without you telling us that it is a change of point of view. It is very cool, and helps you understand the different perspectives. I wish that you did it on a bigger event in the story, and made it longer. But either way it is a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was an interesting point of view piece. Next time though, you should probably proofread it, I found a few errors. Otherwise, it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could have made it a little longer, but I like the descriptions. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Skleenar with the introduction. It's pretty good so far. I like the idea of a different perspective. It would've been cool on the scene when Johnny kills the Soc. It would make it a little longer, too.

    ReplyDelete